Straight from the Amazon rainforest, Cat’s Claw is naturally derived from a vine known as Uncaria tomentosa. Its primary use is not for memory or concentration but rather for conditions such as osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. It is one of the most popular herbs in the United States and is used to treat a variety of conditions beyond those already listed.
In addition to these primary uses, cat’s claw is well-known for its ability to stimulate the nervous system, enhancing the body’s natural ability to combat environmental stress that often causes cell damage. By repairing the brain and body’s cells in this way, cat’s claw improves brain health and cognitive performance, especially as people age.
Supplements with Cat’s Claw:
- NooCube ™
Cat’s claw is a common name for several plants:
- Acacia greggii, a tree species native to the southwestern United States and northern Mexico,
- Acacia plumosa, a medicinal plant species native to Brazil,
- Carpobrotus edulis, or uña de gato (Spanish: “cat’s claw”), a plant species in the Aizoaceae family,
- Dolichandra unguis-cati, or cat’s claw creeper, a Central American climbing vine of the Bignoniaceae family,
- Grevillea alpina, a shrub species native to Australia,
- Martynia annua, a plant species endemic to Brazil,
- Mimosa nuttallii (formerly Schrankia nuttalli), a plant native to the Midwestern United States,
- Uncaria guianensis, a plant species found in Guyana and used in traditional medicine,
- Uncaria rhynchophylla, a plant species used in traditional Chinese medicine,
- Uncaria tomentosa, a plant species found in the tropical jungles of South and Central America and used in traditional medicine
- Sandoval, M., et al. “Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activities of cat’s claw (Uncaria tomentosa and Uncaria guianensis) are independent of their alkaloid content.” Phytomedicine 9.4 (2002): 325-337.
- Sandoval-Chacon, M., et al. “Antiinflammatory actions of cat’s claw: the role of NF-kB.” Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics 12.12 (1998): 1279-1290.
- The Best Supplements: “The Supplements with Cat’s Claw“, TBS Ingredient ID (TBSI ID): IH362B30, 2019.